Tuesday, March 06, 2007

vending machines

Last week, during my travel to the west coast and back, I happen to notice that vending machines are not just for candy and soda anymore. In Vegas, I saw bouquets of flowers including dozens of roses being sold out of the vending machines while I awaited my luggage @ the baggage claim.

In the Minneosota airport, you could purchase a 30 day OR 60 day supply of Proactiv acne medication right out of a vending machine. You could also purchase an ipod, or if you already have one – accessories for it like headphones, rad cases or iTunes gift cards. The direct-to-consumer marketing model is growing by leaps and bounds when you look at all these new selling channels....

Have you seen anything extraordinary hanging out in your local vending machines?

2 comments:

MylRae said...

can't say that I have...

interesting; but if it fails (and they all do) can you kick it; rattle it around to get your $30 back?

I don't mind loosing $1 over a chocolate bar however, this could be rather costly...

Does it come with 24*7 support with each transaction?

Unknown said...

Proactiv vending machine!! What will they come up with next?