Wednesday, November 15, 2006

i heart pirogies.

so we're polish. and polish people love pirogies. who doesn't?!

well, 2 times a year - we gather the fam for a pirogie making event. it's hard work, but tons of fun. we roll, stuff, seal, boil, dry, vacuum pack and label. everyone walks away with lots of pirogies to take home.

we always try new filling concoctions, this time - potato, cheese n bacon were among the new pirogies. my only beef with the day is that the first package I cooked up was mislabeled..... boo.

and, you'll note - my apron got a trial run before turkey day. i love it!

2 comments:

Nicky C. K. said...

Oh - I forgot the neat link Mom likes: Mr. Pierogie at http://www.pierogifest.net/

MylRae said...

My excuse is most of the time you found me as the Boiler, Cooler , Dryer, Packager and Labeler.

In other words: SH*T HAPPENS

Please Don't Shoot the Labeler

;) Rae