Tuesday, January 30, 2007

meet pandora.

"Can you help me discover more music that I'll like?"

Introducing PANDORA.

Very cool. It's like a create-your-own-radio-station tool. You create 'stations' by selecting artists you like, and Pandora creates playlists of the artists as well as songs from other artists who have similar traits. You can scroll through the playlist, and decide whether you 'like it' or 'don't like it' and they work with your feedback.

It's like they study the DNA of a song, and suggest other songs on your station with similar DNA. The DNA consists of "everything from melody, harmony and rhythm, to instrumentation, orchestration, arrangement, lyrics, and of course the rich world of singing and vocal harmony". I think they're on to something here, b/c it works for me - I can listen to a station for hours!

There you have it, try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: