Tuesday, March 13, 2007

the queens of junk.

I love making NEW uses out of OLD things.

Two of the masters of that, are Sue Whitney and Ki Nassuer - the owners of Junk Market. They're also authors of a book (which I own), Junk Market Style, have their own magazine (same name) and a monthly column in Country Living. They are famous for re-purposing garage sale scores into neat and clever ideas. Take their doggie dish idea.... did anyone think I could come up with that on my own?!

My girlfriend and I went to hear them speak over the weekend at the Buffalo Home and Garden show. They were awesome.!! We got to meet Sue unexpectedly on the way in, when we were lost. She smuggled us through the exhibitor entrance saving us that ridiculous $9 cover charge.

Their talk got me super-charged for all the flea market and garage sales that are right around the corner with SPRING!


3 comments:

MylRae said...

Hmm, too bad they won't be appearing at the Syracuse Home and Garden Show this weekeknd.

Then again, I'm off to NYC for St. Patty's Day...

Don't forget to air the GREEN attire...

MylRae said...

Speaking of recycle; this should be your first link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0696222825/ref=dp_olp_2/002-7946121-9723259?ie=UTF8&qid=1104337386

Buying used books online is a great savings; and so far, everyone one of my purchases has been well worth the savings buying recycled books...

Unknown said...

I never knew you made those chairs! Very inspirational all these neat ideas!