Monday, July 23, 2007

just stuff it.



Some of the banana pepper plants in our garden are in HARVEST mode. We usually cut them up to throw them on sandwiches and homeade pizzas. But these plants are producing a TON of them which kept me thinking, what in the heck are we going to do with all these banana peppers?!

Meet BOB. We don't know who he is, but he has a tasty recipe for stuffed banana peppers that McAllister found online. He stuffed all sorts of GOODNESS in them, like italian sausage, onions, breadcrumbs, basil and oregano from our herb garden and then topped with Bob's tomato sauce.

They were very YUMMY and reminded me of my mom's homeade galumpkis. (which I never knew how to spell until now). They also taste just as good cold as lunch leftovers.

Now I'm on a mission to find things to STUFF in our peppers. I'm drooling over the idea of a three cheese stuffed banana pepper, kinda like stuffed shells or manicotti sans the pasta. MMmm... cheese.

3 comments:

Jon said...

very nice!! You have too look out though those pepers can come back to get you!!! lol

Unknown said...

Good idea Nic! 3 cheese stuffed banana peppers, coated w/ bread crumbs and deep fried. YUM!

Nicky C. K. said...

MMmmmm deep-fried. Now you're thinking McAllister.

Makes me think of 'banana-pepper' POPPERS!