Wednesday, May 30, 2007

hybrid parking.

'

When we were in Canada last weekend, I dragged McAllister to one of my fave stores - IKEA. On our way in, I noticed Ikea now has parking spots reserved specifically for hybrids! Even though I don't have one yet, I think it's way cool. I later read that despite the 'hybrid' text on the sign, any 'green' vehicle can park in these spots. And I'm not talking about the color of your car either.

A green car is any low-emission vehicle, as defined by the recent Canadian federal government incentive program. Ikea even has implemented an anti-idling program, to encourage shoppers to turn their car off while LOADING up all their goodies. Neat-o.

I wonder when the Ikea stores in the US will start to have the sign? Just another example of the 'going GREEN' trend phenomenon that is occuring all around us.

No comments: